Monday, August 25, 2008

A Great New Blogger

I may not be objective about this, but my oldest son has decided to start a comic review blog. He's freely criticized a lot of what I read in private so as a joke I suggested that he do his own reviews about comics he likes. He loved the idea. After setting up a blogger account for him, he let loose into the most recent comics I bought, we read them together and he started reciting his reviews to me while I type them. Now he goes to the comic store each week and picks out his own comics in addition to what I buy that he may be interested in reading.

The response has been overwhelming so far. He's been doing this for a couple of weeks now and several other comic sites have linked to his blog or started conversations about what he's been doing. Each time there is a new comment on his blog or another email sent to him he is overjoyed. Some of the creators whose work he's reviewed have contacted him as well, which was an even bigger thrill. The whole project has amplified his love of reading and his ability to analyze what he's reading. He even decided to review a movie, too.

So if you or someone you know would like to read what a 7 year old thinks about today's comics or you want to remember what it was like to enjoy a comic for what it was in its most basic form, check out his blog, leave a comment and spread the word.

http://kidscomicbooks.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Josh said...

I know this entry really isn't about LoR; but is it still coming? We haven't heard anything in sooooooooooooooooooooo long. I sure hope so! Be well.

Andrew Goletz said...

I'll be updating shortly but although I've had some delays (mainly on my part) the book is pretty much finished. All the major players have now been interviewed and I'm in the process of editing the book now. Hopefully it will be ready in early 2010.